Family and friends and friends of my vegetarian daughter have been asking me for the recipe of my vegetarian pesto. It is an all-time favorite that can be served anytime of the year and even during this Yuletide season. I finally had the time to sit down and write this simple and easy-to-prepare recipe. Here it is.
3 cups of fresh basil, chopped finely
½ kilo pasta
1/4 cup vegetarian ham, diced
6 tablespoonfuls of olive oil
Ground black pepper
5 calamansi, squeezed
½ cup cheese, grated
How to cook:
- Boil the pasta with oil and salt until al dente. Rinse with water.
- Fry the diced vegetarian ham until golden brown. Set aside.
- Put the pasta in a big bowl. Pour into the bowl of pasta the basil, olive oil, and vegetarian ham.
- Dash the ground black pepper and squezzed calamansi.
- Finish with a sprinkle of grated cheese.
Merry Christmas, everyone!